HOTEL JUNKIE: Chambers - New York, NY

Fifth Avenue has been known for years as one of the most expensive streets in the world and the Chambers Hotel, which is right off of Fifth Avenue, is just as swanky as Fifth Avenue itself.  With what I can only describe as casual elegance, the Chambers Hotel is understated but still very luxurious and you can see it in their use of materials from the finishes to the textiles. 


The Exterior

The Lobby

The Restaurant






I am a huge fan of symmetry; drawn to it like a moth to a flame. So it's no real surprise to me that I find the balance of the Chambers Hotel to be so refined and calming.  Typically clean lines and contemporary design don't really pull me in.  However, with this hotel, there's still a feeling of comfort and warmth.  There is an excellent mix of textiles that really convey that home-away-from-home feeling.  You may disagree with me, but gosh darn it, that bed in the suite photo just screams to me "Come hither and staaaaaay forever."
Photos courtesy of Chambers Hotel.

0 comments:

Post a Comment