HOTEL JUNKIE: Mystique Resort - Santorini, Greece

Sooooooo... it's been quite awhile now, hasn't it?  Well, it wasn't my intention to stay away for so long, but I guess I just haven't been feeling the love lately.  Recently, however, my appetite for design has been whetted and I now spend my lunches and late nights perusing my design mags and cruising the many design websites out there.  I came across this little gem via Daily Candy; it's the Mystique Resort.  



Now, I'm not sure what it is about Mediterranean locations, but the blues suddenly seem bluer. Greece is no exception.  If anything, Greece seems to embrace the blues even better than any other Mediterranean country.


Speaking of color, when the color white comes to mind, what typically comes to mind is cold and contemporary.  The Mystique Resort, though, with it's white washed walls and natural stone comes across as warm and yummy.  (I say yummy because the walls remind me of marshmallow fluff.)  Even the exterior appeals to me because of its softened edges and natural look.  Makes you wonder.... how on earth do they keep it so clean?  


What is interesting about this resort is that every single suite and villa possesses an amazing view of the volcano, the ocean, and maybe even the pool.  This sounds and looks like a great place to just get away from it all, doesn't it?  Watch out Santorini!  Someday, when I get the funds, I'm totally comin' for you!


Photos courtesy of Mystique Resort and Luxe DB.

0 comments:

Post a Comment