HOTEL JUNKIE: The Liberty Hotel - Boston, Massachusetts

The Liberty Hotel blows my mind away.  It's another hotel that really makes me wish that I had just done more research during my time in school.  My projects could have been ten times better had I been influenced by the amazing design details of the Liberty Hotel.
Before I start delving into all these amazing design details, I would like to note that everyone should visit their website.  The time-lapse flash videos are definitely unique and sets them apart from other hotel websites!

First off, did you know....  that the Liberty Hotel was originally a prison?!  It cost roughly $150 million dollars to renovate this building that was constructed in 1851!  It's so shocking, I know! I seriously love historic buildings and think that it is always in our best interests to cherish (and enjoy!) what still remains from beautiful, well thought out architecture.  These days almost all architecture that's going up feels so rushed and cheap!


You can't help but smile at the play-on-words name of the restaurant "Clink."  There's also Alibi and the Yard.  Very cute!  Whoever thought that someday the "vestiges of original jail cells [could] create cozy nooks"?  


I am definitely loving the overall look of the Liberty!  Maybe it's just these images, but I'm getting a very positive vibe from this hotel. I love how the designers retained the original rough brick of the prison and mixed in contemporary fabrics and furnishings.  I think that the Liberty provides you with an unexpected experience, surprising you with such a happening environment in what was once a prison for hard criminals!  Not only do I love the design of this hotel, but I admire their efforts to be a part of the artistic culture of Boston.  Every Thursday night, the Liberty hosts a fashion show called.... wait for it... "Fashionably Late"!  Seriously, who thought up these names?  


 As exciting as the hotel lobby and restaurants can be, the suites upstairs offer a more relaxed environment with a calming, neutral color palette.  The Liberty is all swank, no pretentiousness!  This hotel faces the Charles River and I wonder what the sunrises look like...  They must be breathtaking.... One day Boston... One day, we shall cross paths!



Photos courtesy of The Liberty and Luxe DB.

0 comments:

Post a Comment